Monday 2 November 2009

The Baarts 1st November 2009

Something to celebrate in the Baart Family


Dear all my family

Nicholas is making his First Communion on Sunday 1st November at 9am mass. Please say special prayers and keep him in your thoughts. He is so excited and very busy this week with rehearsals. I will certainly be sending photos so you can see how grown up and special he will look. We will be having a lunch at Pat and Gerard as their son Kieron is also making his first Holy Communion so the little Baarts will steal the day. I hope the weather is good as there are about 60 people!
All my love
Monica


Just thought I'd let you know, in researching or looking for a special Grace for Nick to say on Sunday I discovered that Saint Tarcisius is the patron saint of First Communicants - fitting to think Sister Tarcisius will be looking down on us........

Some photos of Nick on Sunday - isn't he handsome! We shared the day with Gerard's son Kieron. We had a stunning day. He looked so good and read so beautifully during Mass. He really enjoyed himself.
Herewith also the Grace he said before the meal.

Nicholas

Heavenly Father

Bless the food before us,

the family and friends beside us

and the love between us.

Kieron

For health and food,

For love and friends,

For everything thy goodness sends,

Father in heaven, we thank thee.

AMEN



Well the editor has also done some homework and come up with the following photos of Sister Tarcisius. One is a old family photo and the other one is when she came "forth in her tri-umph"


3 comments:

JOYCE TERESA (TESSY) BECHARD said...

Congratulations to Nicholas on his 1st Communion and yes Bb you found some outstanding photos. I always love photos of Mommy.

Cooper said...

I lite a candle for the First Comunicants in Rome on Friday. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Carol said...

Brings back memories. Each and every photograph that comes onto 'our' Blog is another memory. Thanks Nicholas for adding one more memory to my rememberer, a very special one. Nicci is also proud of you!! Can't remember if it was my First Holly Communion or confirmation day, that Daddy became a convert. I remember the ceremony so well though. Memories are made of this!! Some of us even called him a convict...I know I did. God Bless you Nicholas in your Christian walk and way of life. B.T.W. we had our house blessed today, our wedding anniversary - 6 months, it was a very moving Home Blessing and the Priest, Father Roger, made it extra special. He also blessed our car and Bakkie. Paul and I were very moved by it all. As the Methodists say when Paul goes to the methodist church on a Sunday on his own...oh yes, Carol goes to the opposition!!
Mon, what beautiful photographs, to be treasured for sure. God Bless.