Sunday 16 November 2008

Mitch turns 63 - 17th November 2008

17th November 2008

Just wanted to share a few pictures with you of my beloved and precious family, who not only all year round shower me with love and affection but went completely over the top on my birthday today.
What a celebration, 63 years young and the only way to do this is with my family. Forget about the diet and the golf and get stuck into some real good birthday food. We all had a great time and hey you only turn 63 once - THANK GOODNESS.

as WE ALL, march on from the younger generation into the middle ages and then into the SENIOR CITIZENS BRACKET, where we get pensioners discounts and all the added benefits, we can all sit back-ponder & remember that the little poem " The Old Man " DAD used to say on his birthdays


OH, HOW I MISS MY MIND

It's just a line to say I'm living and not amongst the dead

But I get oh! so forgetful and mixed up in my head

I've got used to my arthritis and to my dentures I'm resigned

I can manage my bifocals but oh, I miss my mind!

For sometimes I stand at the foot of the stairs

Must I go up for something, or have I come down from there?

And often before the 'fridge my mind is in great doubt

Am I putting the food away or am I taking it out?

So I fit's my turn to write to you, please don't get sore

I may think I've written and don't want to be a bore.

But remember I love you and wish that you were near

And now it's getting near mail time so I must say bye bye dear

And there before the mail box my face so very red

Instead of posting the letter I opened it instead!

GREAT MEMORIES





2 comments:

JOYCE TERESA (TESSY) BECHARD said...

Thanks Billy, for the wishes and phone call "Magic"
Love Mitch

JOYCE TERESA (TESSY) BECHARD said...

OMG I remember Daddy reading that to me over the phone. Great stuff Bb