Tuesday 2 December 2008

A piece of GOLD TREASURE - never seen before

GALWAY BAY - ACROSS THE SEAS TO IRELAND

This is ONE of the first ever videos I made, it was a hired video camera that I hired for Christmas 1983 @ R 75-00 per day for 3 days, Ria's brother in law -Tom, went halfies with me as I could not afford the whole 3days, it was also the time before video cameras were for sale as it was new technology and not ready for the home user.
Now I could capture the festive season on tape. One the best things I have done in my life

It has a clip in it of a video that none of you have seen, and it is the only piece of video I have of the MAIN STAR, this was shot at 24 Virtop Road, Gerdview, Germiston. Dated 26th December 1983. The Bechards were there, with Mitch's sister Patricia. Our Kevin is in the movie, with our 2 kids and the Bechard kids.

Then of course there was Still Beautiful " DAD" & ....................... get out the Kleenex and watch the movie.

After watching it, I would love to have a penny for your thoughts.


"And I will ask my LORD to lay me neath the heather,
in that dear land across the Irish sea."


One of the best things I have done - you may ask, well this Xmas of '83 I hired this camera, and captured the last Christmas of not only Mom but Ria's Dad as well , little knowing at the time, that they would both pass away during 1984, and we have this to treasure for generations to come.

5 comments:

JOYCE TERESA (TESSY) BECHARD said...

Sorry I don't have a penny, BUT memories I have and hold. Billy I don't even have a spare kleenex. Seeing Mommy and Daddy again together at 24 Virtop Rd, Gerview, Primrose, Germiston, South Africa was and is and will always be my favourite video.

JOYCE TERESA (TESSY) BECHARD said...

After watching this video over so many times tonight my penny of thoughts is - How lucky and fortunate Mitch and I am to still have our dear Papi and Mami still very fit but also very frail now at age 90 and 83 in 2009. They have 6 children, 14 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren.

Anonymous said...

Mommy was so frail that day,
God showed mercy and took her away...
Hail Mary full of grace,
shines out to greet Mommy's face!
In a faraway land across all seas,
Mommy out of suffering and at ease.
'tis sure I am she'll be looking down on all of us,
While we enjoy Christmas and all the fuss...
Let's all spend a moment in quiet prayer on Christmas day...
Of memories built over the years of joy,
To remember Christ Jesus a little boy!!
Carol Ann Whitaker 03/12/2008
Dedicated to all my brothers and sisters.

Anonymous said...

Billy.....for once you leave me speech;ess except to say...Thank you for the Memories...by Abba
Carol

That poem came to me the moment the words finished on the video...thank you for your inspiration Billy and Ria.

JOYCE TERESA (TESSY) BECHARD said...

Mitch said remember "Congratulations etc."
He loves the Blog.