Wednesday 30 December 2009

Off to Africa we go - The BAARTS 25-12-2009

Hey there EVERYBODY.......

Just some pics and a line or two to tell you about our Christmas.
It was my turn to host this year so we had 25 for lunch. Our theme this year was "Books and Music". Kev cooked a turkey on the Weber - instructions and recipe said a 4kg turkey needs 3 to 4 hours to cook. So....Kev lit the braai and was ready to put the turkey on at 9:30am. All went so well BUT the turkey was beautifully cooked at 11:30!!!! Anyway, it was served cold but was so juicy and yummy. I did two stuffed ducks which were wonderful. I have attached my menu for the day.
We ate all afternoon and seem to have not stopped yet - 2010 is inviting weighless to be my best buddy!
The flower arrangements I made with old books about music I found at the Hospice book shop for R10. I cut out the middle and put in oasis and then added holly from my garden and sprayed the ball and pine cones gold - voila! Carol you should be proud of me.

We had a super day but I missed you all and thought about you so much.

Just a wish for 2010.....

May 2010 mark the beginning of a whole host of wonderful challenges that are just enough to grow you and expand your horizons. May all your dreams come true...

And to borrow a friend's favourite quote...
The best day of your life is the one in which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses, no-one to lean on, rely on or blame. The gift of life is yours – it is an amazing journey and you, alone, are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life begins..”

Abraham Maslow

All our love Mon, Kev, Katie and Nick

1 comment:

JOYCE TERESA (TESSY) BECHARD said...

Yes we are all over the world.
BUT I am sure each and everyone of us had you all in our thoughts over this Christmas and New Year time. I know I did and miss you all very much. I love watching the videos Billy took of Christmas at 24 Virtop Rd. What fun was had by all.