Thursday 30 October 2008

Dusted Off and out the Archives No.1

Dusted off and out come the archived BETAMAX video tapes, I have finally got a BETAMAX VCR that works so I will be working through the tapes and putting some interesting items on the blog. In between that, I will be compiling files to write to DVD of different members of the family from material I have - then post them out - no date set so just wait and wait then see. So here is the first archive item I came across - , surprisingly we all looked so much younger in those days.
Some guys even had hair on their heads.

THE BECHARDS LEAVE RSA FOR DOWN UNDER

Sorry for the wiggly line/video noise on the bottom of the screen, but tapes are a few years old, I am working on a filter to remove it, so the pictures will be clearer next time round.

2 comments:

JOYCE TERESA (TESSY) BECHARD said...

Tears of a long time ago January 1987. Thanks Bb

Anonymous said...

The Whitaker family have a reputation for not being able to have a family celebration of any sort without one of us crying. Now I know where the genes come from, ME. Watching this video for about the 4th time, I cried again. Next time a Whitaker cries, or an offshoot of the Whitaker family, one of the three daughters and grandies...Burnetts, Stapelbergs, Ritchies and Whitakers Jr. I will say 'oh no here comes the Cowle out in all of us'. We have all changed somewhat, the pimplies have become wrinklies,their children are now all grown up and out of the pimples stage, moving on into the wrinklies stage! Time waits for no man, or woman! I so enjoyed watching that video over and over. I never knew I had such a brilliant brother, I do now though. Billy you have no idea how much joy you bring into each of our lives. I thank you from the bottom of my heart! Jaz chord Billy!!