Sunday 26 October 2008

OUT OF THE ARCHIVES - STILL BEAUTIFUL

I remember this occasion like it was yesterday, Dad's boss rang me that morning and invited me to the farewell party. Contelec was a small electronics firm just behind the Airport Star Hotel at Jan Smuts airport. Dad ran the stores there, for a couple of years after retiring from ESCOM

Quite an emotional day for the Old Man but he took it in his stride with his little pet mouse.

This was October 1993

Out of the archives as I go through my 100's of video's on the shelf above my PC........................
hope you enjoy it and it brings back some special happy memories,

Once again, just nice to hear about "THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE" in his life.

lots of LOVE - BILLY

3 comments:

JOYCE TERESA (TESSY) BECHARD said...

Fantastic = beautiful beyond words. keep them comming Bb

Anonymous said...

stedistuto my family...Dad left us all with a heritage, out of all the things Dad did and said the one that most sticks in my mind is at his memorial service. He chose the words of this song to be sung - 'All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things bright and beautiful, the Lord God made them all'! Still Beautiful, as he used to say when you asked him how he was. He has surely left us with some beautiful memories, us, his family has continued to make. To Mom and Dad...RIP. Carol

JOYCE TERESA (TESSY) BECHARD said...

Daddys 80th birthday song said it all "I DID IT MY WAY"